(Special Programs Organized for Recreation Time)
A year round program which provides activities for individuals with special needs. Participants of all ages and levels are welcome to enroll. Funding for this program is provided by the Towns of Belmont and Watertown, as well as user fees and private donations. Dedicated volunteers enable the S.P.O.R.T. Program to offer many outstanding programs at nominal fees. We promise continued excellence in recreation programming for individuals with special needs.
Welcome to the start of the 2014-2015 season for Belmont S.P.O.R.T. To make registering for programs easier and to better plan your fall and winter schedules, we will register now for programs through the end of winter. We encourage you to plan ahead. Register early as programs will fill up and space is limited. Be sure to provide us with up to date contact information such as address, phone and e-mail address. These are helpful in allowing us to notify participants of changes and/or cancellations.
*IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION*
Family members and staff, always make sure that there is an instructor or coach at a program before you drop off an athlete/participant. Also, please arrive on time to pick up an athlete at the end of a program or event. There should be no instance where an athlete is left unsupervised.
Susan Weiner, Director
Belmont Recreation Department
PO Box 56 Belmont, MA 02478
SPECIAL UPCOMING EVENTS
New York City Trip: August 15 – August 17, 2014
- Athlete of the year- Paul Farrell
- Coach of the year – Paul Oppedisano
- Volunteer of the year- Joe Habelow
- Community Support Award- Belmont Council on Aging
- Congratulations to Bill Ferrari on his marriage
- Congratulations to Jay O’Brien on his marriage
- Congratulations to Ed and Jackie Barry on the birth of their son Jeremey
- Congratulations to Christine and Nick Burke on the birth of their daughter Cameron
- Congratulations to Mike and Kristine Pugliesi on the birth of their son Daniel
A FEW IMPORTANT REMINDERS
· Most of your questions can be answered by calling the Recreation Department at (617) -993-2760. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8am until 4pm
· All checks for programs listed in this booklet should be made out to the Town of Belmont, and mailed to:
Belmont Recreation Department P.O. Box 56 Belmont, MA 02478
· A non-resident is anyone who does not live in Belmont, Watertown, Arlington, or Waltham
· When filling out the registration form please make sure to put the most up to date contact information for the S.P.O.R.T. participant. This is the information we use if we ever have to contact participants with last minute program changes!
*Please note if school is cancelled due to inclement weather, S.P.O.R.T. programs are also cancelled.*
If you would like to be added to the e-mail list please send
e-mail to above address.
Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone
other than Belmont S.P.O.R.T.
Please send comments and suggestions to email@example.com .